Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Maggie Morrissey takes on London


Cheers from London, Wibbers!

I miss you all so much! I'm currently deep into studying for my finals this week. It is so beautiful outside, so it is a drag being stuck inside studying! Luckily, London has a lot of green space and parks, so yesterday I laid in the grass and read "Hamlet" before my Shakespeare final.

I cannot believe my time abroad is almost over. Time flies by, doesn't it? I'm trying to enjoy every last second in this beautiful city before boarding my flight on Saturday. One of the greatest parts of the Study London program is that everyone on our program lives in the same dorm building, and there are tons of us here from IU. So, anytime I want to go explore the city and do something fun, I have lots of people who want to go with me! We are all trying to cross everything off our "London Bucket List" in these last few days.

Here are some things to add to your London Bucket List, if you are thinking of studying abroad here: walk through Regent's Park, eat the grilled cheese "toastie" at Borough Market, frolic around Picadilly Circus (during the day AND at night), channel your inner Hermione Granger at Platform 9 3/4 and the Harry Potter studio tour, paddle boat in Hyde Park, enjoy tea at Harrod's, stalk the royal family at Kensington Palace, have a drink at the top of the Shard, sing along at a concert at the O2 Academy Brixton, be artsy at the Tate Gallery of Modern Art, feel like you're in "What a Girl Wants" on the top of a double decker bus, take selfies in front of Big Ben, and dance the night away at Roxy on a Wednesday.

I'm going to miss it here, but I can't wait to see you all soon!

xx,

Maggs

No comments:

Post a Comment