Sunday, March 23, 2014

Kelly Shah: Ciao from Milan!


Ciao Wib! I am currently studying abroad in Milan, Italy, and loving it! Midterms are quickly approaching and I cannot believe my time here is almost half way over! It has finally stopped raining in Milan allowing me to explore the city without an umbrella, and I am taking full advantage!  Last night I went to the Navigli, a canal lined with restaurants and bars, and went to a karoke bar. Hearing Italian men sing “Barbie Girl” in Italian accents sure was an experience!  
I am also taking advantage of the diverse course selection. One of my classes is called Managing Fashion and Luxury Brands, for our field study we went to the flagship store of Armani and into La Rinascente, a glamorous department store! My favorite class is Transcultural Psychology; we study the difficulties in treating patients who are culturally diverse from the psychotherapist. It is one of the most interesting classes I have ever taken!
On the weekends I have managed to do a lot of travelling. My personal favorite was Istanbul! It was a beautiful city with so much energy. We shopped in the spice bazaar and the grand bazaar, both of which require strong bargaining skills! Another favorite was skiing in the alps at La Thuile. The view from the top of the mountain was above the cloud line and it looked as though someone had pulled down a backdrop! 
I hope all is well in Bloomington! I miss you all!
Ciao Ciao Ragazze!

No comments:

Post a Comment